Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Play Station 3 - My Experience and Thoughts

By Heimir Arnfinnsson

In late April GTA 4 (Grand Theft Auto) was released on PS3, that was the reason I finally decided to buy myself this console. After months of having to go to a friends house and play. I was not disappointed, far from it. The PS3 is a magnificent console, that's for sure.

I did however buy the 40GB version and that does not have the capability to play PS2 games, that was a little let down for me. But I do own a PS2 console so it's not a huge setback.

One of the biggest pros of the PS3 is it's built in Blu-Ray Player. Blu-Ray is the future and those players will eventually replace the outdated DVD's. Most Blu-Ray players cost more than a single PS3 console, so having one built in is a huge benefit. A benefit that will come in handy later on once Blu-Ray has established itself as a permanent video standard.

The PS3 main purpose is of course to play video games. I myself have bout just over 20 games since it purchased the console. The biggest and best games in my honest opinion are the ones only released for the PS3.

Those are games such as Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2 and last but not least, the game of the year 2009, Uncharted 2.

All of those game are highly recommended by me.

Another handy feature the PS3 consist of is the ability the play streamed content from your PC or laptop. It's quite simple, all you have to do is download a media server (I recommend PS3 Media Server), set it up and that's it. You can stream your movies and audio stored on your PC straight to you PS3 (given that you have internet connection on both devices).

Overall, the PS3 is my favorite console and I recommend it to anyone. If you decide to buy one I strongly suggest that you buy Uncharted 2 along with it.

I rate the PS3 console 9.5 out of 10

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Heimir_Arnfinnsson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yahoo! News: Technology - Video Games